The IPL4 is over and CSK defended their crown successfully. RCB were not good enough in the final but which team would have been? Let me come up with a team of eleven consisting of players from the other teams who
- have done well in the latest tournament
- have 4 overseas players (just like the tournament guidelines)
- have players who are not veterans or injured or rested
What did the team look like? See below
- Chris Gayle - any doubts on this gentleman, even though his national selectors are not interested in him.
- Paul Valthaty - stand-out performance in the IPL that helped Punjab defeat CSK
- Jacques Kallis - the best all-rounder in today's age
- Virat Kohli - I would make him the captain of this team as well
- Shaun Marsh - The best opening batsman that Australia never chooses
- Ambati Rayudu - Wicket-keeper for the team as well as last-over specialist (a la Javed Miandad)
- Shikhar Dhawan - 400 runs in the tournament without anyone noticing it!
- Iqbal Abdulla - Best performance by a youngster
- Lasith Malinga - again, no more arguments
- Rahul Sharma - A definite future Indian spinner maybe not in test matches to start but definitely in the shorter version.
- Sreenath Aravind - Left-arm opening bowler in contrast to Malinga's pace.
What do you think of this team? Any thoughts? Will they beat CSK?