FB Group

Share the Passion

To exchange links with me, please send mail to madhusudan (dot) gr (at) gmail.com.
Session-dashboard - Tracking Test Matches as they progress.
Tracking T20 run-chases in an innovative manner - See here.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Personal - visit to MCG

I was in Melbourne last week and this time (unlike few earlier instances), decided to visit the MCG. I had been to Lords and this was another ground I wanted to go. I was tempted by this view from my breakfast table - I had to figure out a way to find time to goto the ground. 


And, very soon, I was lucky. My schedule was not as packed as earlier and the fact that the ground was just opposite the hotel where I stayed, made my decision easier.

I did bump into Neil Harvey's statue on the way in and thought that it was a good gesture by Cricket Australia to have his statue on the way to the ground. Maybe they could include few more!

The Tour started and we had a good guide to take us around - Bruce. 


Our first sighting of the ground evoked sighs from all of us on the tour.

The not-so-new sight-screens were another sight to behold.


The day was not as bright as you can see but the grass was as green it can be.

Inside the ground, the dressing rooms gave us good insight. The Board of Honors inside the visitors dressing room was interesting - names of Tendulkar, Sehwag, Kapil, Gavaskar, Chandrasekhar, Kumble among many more.


The dressing room was quite clean (of course, there was no match) with the lockers and the sofas prim and proper.

Another interesting photograph for all of us - Tendulkar's picture with Sir Don Bradman. Apparently, the batsman has sold the negative during a charity event - picked up by MCG and framed in elegance.

Another pastel that contained pictures of various performers at the MCG (including art performers). Not an updated one but still looks good to view.

Another interesting picture - teams that joined the World Series Cricket. How many can you recognize from this set?

Finally, the Don. Bronze statue at the museum.

To be modest, I was happy with my overall visit - collected few photos and memories of a lifetime. I have replicated some as part of this post- do have a look and let me know what you think.

Before I say good-bye, a look at the ground once again.

No comments: